I am an IT professional with a background in satellite communications, cybersecurity, and intrusion prevention planning. I am currently attending Penn State University, majoring in Security Risk Analysis with an emphasis on Information Cyber Security. I have 4-years practical experience in the United States Army working as a satellite communications operator/maintainer. I have 3-months experience working for Penn State’s Astronomy department, and recently have interned at TJX Inc. as an IT Security Engineer for 3-months.
Background & Expertise
Satellite Communication Specialist (25S)
July 2011- July 2015
• International experience working with foreign technical specialists at NATO’s support base.
• Responsible for 10 personnel and managed the daily correspondence between 40 sites.
• Utilized diverse skill sets to fulfill multiple roles including systems operator, site communication manager, site training manager, equipment manager and supervisor of maintenance.
• Over two years of experience as physical security officer and site key holder.
• Negotiated equipment transfers with local site to keep site status operating at maximum performance.
• Led team in executing tasks expeditiously and proficiently to win security competition.
• Entrusted by the governing authorities with a TS/SCI security clearance.
Cryptographic Security Technician
August 2012 - December 2013
• Responsible for cryptographic and physical security of sensitive information.
• Timely response to clients’ needs, and available on site at all hours.
• Lead Physical Security training exercises involving over 30 personnel.
• Maintained excellent database information to ensure team success.
• Team passed 4 inspections of multiple government entities including the Department of Defense, United States European Command, and the National Security Agency.
IT Security Engineer
May 2018 - August 2018
• Established strong relationships across the company to enhance workflow dynamic.
• Partnered with Microsoft employees to create working chatbot for application support.
• Developed source code in Python and PowerShell to automate several key tasks.
• Lead correlation effort of legacy IBM systems.
• Received outstanding evaluations from managers and peers.
• Enhanced security by migrating applications to more secure communications.
• Lead team meetings, presenting new and more efficient methods of completing work.
• Completed Lean Six Sigma yellow belt training.
Expected Graduation: May 2020
Security Risk Analysis: Information Cyber Security (BS)
Studied Network Security at the Enterprise level.
Performed data forensic recovery and database manipulation.
Developed proficiencies in Python, Bash, and SQL.
Worked along side professors in guided penetration testing labs.
October 2012 - November 2012
Communication Security Training
Taught in guiding principles for handling top secret and secret material.
Developed a firm understanding of following multiple organization's standards and adhering to the best practices.
September 2011 - June 2012
Satellite Communications Training School
Trained in basic electronic functions.
Practiced best troubleshooting methodology.
Learned principles involving radio waves and frequency ranges.
Microsoft Office Suite
Oracle Enterprise Manager
Warehouse Management System
"You don't have to be a fantastic hero to do certain things -- to compete. You can be just an ordinary chap, sufficiently motivated to reach challenging goals."